Last updated: May 1, 2023
- DATA WE COLLECT……>
- WHY AND HOW WE PROCESS YOUR DATA, LEGAL BASES……>
- RETENTION OF YOUR DATA……>
- SHARING OF YOUR DATA……>
- DATA SECURITY……>
- COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES……>
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS……>
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY……>
- YOUR RIGHTS AND OPTIONS……>
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES……>
- ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS……>
- CONTACT US……>
CoreTech System Co., Ltd. (“CoreTech”, “we”, or “us”) operates the Moldex3D website (moldex3d.com, the “Website”), Moldiverse （portal.moldex3d.cloud，the “Moldiverse”）, Moldex3D University (university.moldex3d.cloud, the “University”), Moldex3D Material Hub Cloud (mhc.moldex3d.cloud, the “MHC”), iMolding Hub （imolding.moldex3d.cloud，the “iMolding”）、social media pages as the Moldex3D YouTube channel and Facebook page, and related Moldex3D services (collectively, the “Service”). Thank you for using the Service.
1. DATA WE COLLECT
The categories of personal data we collect depend on the Service you use, and the requirements of applicable law.
1.1 Data You Provide Us Directly
- Account and profile information: When you create an account with us, you provide information such as your name, phone number, email address, username, password, profile photo, corporate name, job title, company address, city and region, interested topics, and existing Moldex3D customer status.
- Order details: When you subscribe to a University, MHC or iMolding Hub, register for a training course, apply for Moldex3D Certification, or place other orders with us, you provide information such as payment details, billing address, and corporate purchase information.
- Event participation: When you sign up for or participate in our online/off-line courses, webinars, contests, certification and other events, you provide us information such as your name, contact details, affiliation details, and contest material. Your participation in an event may be recorded, such as when you engage in discussions with us at a webinar.
- Channel/Solution Partner: When you apply via the Service to be one of our partners, you provide us information such as your name, contact details, and area of interest/expertise.
- Job application: When you apply for a job with us via the Service, you may provide information about yourself, such as education history, employment history, and immigration status.
- Other information you choose to give us, such as when you fill in a form via the Service, submit your inquiry, comment or request, submit a document/file via the Service (e.g., device specifications, mold drawings, material properties, processing conditions, presentation files, text documents, images, and audiovisual files), or otherwise communicate with us.
The personal data we will ask you to provide with data fields marked with an asterisk (*) or otherwise indicated as mandatory, are required in order to create your account and to enable the Service. For example, if you do not provide your email address, we will not be able to create your account. You may also have the option to provide us with additional personal data in order to make your account more personalized.
1.2 Data We Collect Automatically
- Information about your account, such as an automatically created internal account ID, and your account settings.
- Information about your use of the Service, such as use of free trial, watch of our online training materials, quiz and tests in the University, searches in and inputs into the MHC, downloads of resources from the Service, and visits and clicks on a certain page.
- Information about your network connection, such as your IP address, mobile carrier, and internet service provider.
- Information about your device, such as device name and operating system, browser type and language, mobile device identifiers (e.g., advertising IDs), and license-related information (e.g., unique device identifiers).
- Log information, such as log files, timestamps, diagnostic or crash data, website performance logs, error messages or reports, and aggregate Moldex3D use history.
- Approximate location information (e.g., country), as derived from IP address.
- Information we collect with cookies or similar technologies (see Section 6 “Cookies and Similar Technologies” below).
1.3 Data We Collect from Third Parties
We may also cooperate with third parties to provide the Service, such as local subsidiaries, local distributors, industry associations, social networking sites, data analytics providers and advertising networks, which may involve collecting supplementary information about you, such as:
- Information about your payment made via a third-party payment service provider, so that we could confirm your payment and process your order.
- Information about your purchase of our products from a local subsidiary or local distributor, such as that necessary to verify your subscription/existing customer status.
- Information we receive if you link a third-party tool (such as Google, YouTube or Facebook) with the Service.
- Demographic data, such as those used to determine the approximate location of your IP address.
- Information for advertising and analytics purposes, such as cookie ID or mobile device ID, so that we could improve our Service’s functionality and provide you a better Service.
Please be advised that the third-party tool, platform or other service you use may operate under their own terms of service and privacy policies, which may be different from those of our Service (see Section 10 “Links to Other Sites” below).
2. WHY AND HOW WE PROCESS YOUR DATA, LEGAL BASES
We process your data for a variety of business purposes, as further detailed below.
2.1 To Enable the Service
On basis of necessity to perform your contract with us (i.e., our Terms and Conditions), and/or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with us, we collect and process necessary data to:
- Assist you to create and manage your account, including by verifying your email, verifying your acceptance of our Terms and Conditions, and recording your account settings.
- Process your order, including by confirming your subscription plan or course registration, verifying your payment, and processing refund at your request.
- Provide and deliver portions of the Service you request, including by providing the University, the MHC or iMolding Hub covered by your subscription, and allowing access to the requested training material or webinar by your account.
- Manage your participation in our online/off-line courses, webinars, contests, certification and other events, including by verifying your purchase, reviewing your contest materials, and recording certain events.
- Process your Channel/Solution partner or job application, including by screening application and reaching out to you.
- Respond to your requests and provide customer support, including by forwarding your request to our appropriate team, analyzing logs, running diagnosis, and keeping an internal record of the processing of your request.
- Ensure the safety, security, and integrity of our Service, including by verifying accounts on an ongoing basis, and investigating and addressing violations of our Terms and Conditions.
- Send you Service-related communications (such as security alerts and updates to our Terms and Conditions), including by identifying relevant Service-related notifications for you, and keeping an internal record on our communication with you.
- Transfer, store or process your data in a third country where our facility, or a subsidiary, supplier or partner is located. For more information, see Section 7 “International Transfers” below.
2.2 To Improve the Service and Customize Your Service Experience
On basis of your consent and/or our legitimate interest to improve the Service, we collect and process necessary data to:
- Customize your Service experience when you enable certain feature or device-based settings, such as accepting analytical cookies.
- Aggregate user data of different modules of the Service for more efficient management of the Service.
- Test out new features of the Service and our other products/services, undertake experimentation to evaluate new product/service components.
- Collect and aggregate metrics (such as website traffic) to monitor service performance, reliability, and efficiency, so we can ensure and optimize service quality.
- Send you related information, such as updates, new products, features, support messages, upgrade opportunities, contests and events of interest.
- Manage our relationship with you and seek your feedback on our Service.
2.3 To Comply with Applicable Law
In accordance with the applicable law, on basis of our legitimate interest to protect ourselves, and/or the necessity to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person, we collect and process necessary data to:
- Comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- Comply with a request by a competent court or other law enforcement authority.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions.
- Establish, exercise or defend a legal claim, including by seeking the necessary legal advice.
2.4 To Market the Service and Our Other Products/Services
To market the Service and our other products/services, including by showing you personalized advertisements in the Service as well as in other websites and services (including email), we, on basis of your consent and/or our legitimate interest to market our products and services, collect and process necessary data to:
- Provide you promotional offers in the Service as well as in other websites and services (including by email).
- Track the content you access in connection with the Service and your online behavior.
- Deliver, target and improve our advertising practice.
Our use of remarking/retargeting services will always be in compliance with the privacy settings on your device, and the applicable platform rules. For information on how to opt-out from personalized advertisements, see Section 9 “Your Rights and Options” below.
2.5 Additional Purposes with Your Consent
With your consent, we may collect and process your data for additional purposes, such as to conduct research, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners. When we do so, we will always seek your prior consent.
3. RETENTION OF YOUR DATA
We will retain your data as needed for the purpose for which your data are collected, as required for the applicable law, or for other legitimate purposes, such as protecting or defending our rights. We will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements. The retention periods of your data are determined on a case-by-case basis that depends on the following factors:
- The nature of the data, and the purpose of its collection and processing. The length of time we will retain your data will generally be determined by how long we need that data to provide you with the Service, including any optional features you use and to provide customer support. For example, we keep your account information for the lifetime of your account.
- Operational needs. In certain cases, we need to store data for operational needs. For example, when you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we will keep your contact details (such as phone number and email address) in our opt-out recipient list.
- Legal reasons. In certain cases, we keep your data for legal reasons, including when you request deletion of such data. For example, there may be instances where we are legally required to retain your data for a certain period of time. Also, we may keep your order information and email correspondence with us for a few years after you have ceased using the Service, if this is necessary for us to fulfill a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
4. SHARING OF YOUR DATA
We will not rent, loan, lease or sell your data to any third party. Your data may only be accessed by a third party in the following situations.
4.1 Our Service Providers
We employ third-party services to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, or to help us improve the Service. These third-party service providers may process your data, only at and according to our instructions, for purposes of Service-related tasks, such as hosting, user support, advertising, analytics and fraud prevention. We also ensure that these service providers are contractually obligated to take appropriate organizational and technical measures to ensure safety. Such third-party services include:
- We work with our local subsidiaries and distributors that may assist us with the operation of the Service.
- We use services of Amazon and Microsoft for data hosting and infrastructure.
- We work with designated payment service providers and logistic service provider that may assist us with the processing of your payment and delivering products/documents to you, such as when we process your order paid via a third-party payment service, and send you paper-based invoice for the order.
- We use analytics services by Google, Facebook etc., to understand how the Service is used, to optimize user experience, to facilitate the continuous development of our Service, and to help with our marketing.
- We use third-party cloud-based software and online services to assist us with internal management of information (such as when we pass your inquiry to the appropriate team), and our communication with you.
- We work with Google and other advertising partners to market the Service and our other products/services, including by providing you with interest-based ads.
4.2 Other Users
Other users may be able to receive your personal data via the Service. For example, when you agree to our announcement of your certification, success story or participation in our events on the Website, other users may be able to see your name, affiliation, photo, etc.
4.3 Public Authorities, Other Organizations
In accordance with the applicable law and/or per a legally made request, we may provide your data to public authorities. We may also disclose your data based on your consent, or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users or others.
4.4 Mergers and Acquisitions
5. DATA SECURITY
The security of your personal data is important to us. Though no method of transmission or storage is 100% secure, we are continuously developing and implementing organizational and technical security measures, including pseudonymization and/or encryption of your data, and access control to our servers, to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your data, and to protect your data from unauthorized access or disclosure, destruction, loss, misuse or alteration.
Despite our endeavor to protect your personal data, there is an inherent risk of encountering an unexpected security breach. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
6. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
You may use your web browser settings to accept, refuse and delete cookies. You can instruct your browser to refuse all or a specific type of cookies. However, certain cookies are essential for the proper functioning of the Service. If you do not accept these essential cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service. For information on how to manage cookies and other similar technologies used for personalized advertisements, see Section 9 “Your Rights and Options” below.
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We operate the Service across the globe. Depending on your region and the portion of the Service you use, your data may be stored on servers controlled by us or our hosting service provider located in Taiwan, the United States, or Singapore. In exceptional cases, we may need to transfer your data to a different jurisdiction (a “third country”), which may be of a different level of privacy protection than that are applicable in yours. Where we do so, we rely separately, alternatively, and independently on the applicable legal bases. We take steps to ensure that adequate safeguards and mechanisms are in place for the protection of your data.
If we transfer your personal data from the European Economic Area (EEA) to a third country, we ensure that an adequate degree of protection for your personal data as within the EEA, by implementing that at least one of the following safeguards:
- The third country that your personal data are transferred to is one that recognized by the European Commission with an adequacy decision as offering an adequate level of protection.
- We use standard contract clauses (SCC) adopted by the European Commission, to ensure that the recipient of your personal data in the third country is contractually obligated to provide an adequate level of protection.
If you would like to find out more about these safeguards, please let us know via the Contact Form on the Website, or by contacting us with the details listed in Section 13 below.
8. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Service is not intended for children younger than 13 years of age, or of any age under the applicable law that is unable to independently give valid consent to data collection (the “Restricted Age”). We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the Restricted Age. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your children have provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from a child under the Restricted Age, we take steps to remove that data from our servers, unless we have a legal obligation to keep it.
9. YOUR RIGHTS AND OPTIONS
9.1 Your Rights
You have rights under privacy/data protection law. The rights available to you depend on our reason for processing your data, and the applicable law, which may include:
- Right of access: the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data that we process, and information on how we process your data (such as purposes of processing, sources of the data, your rights, etc.).
- Right to rectification: the right to ask us to rectify or update your personal data that you think is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure: the right to ask us to erase/delete your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Right to restriction of processing: the right to ask us to temporarily or permanently restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Right to object to processing: the right to object to us processing your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Right to data portability: the right to request that we transfer the personal data you have provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format directly to you, or to another party to the extent technically feasible, under certain conditions.
- Right not to be subject to automated decision-making: the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making (including profiling) with your personal data, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
Where we process your personal data on basis of your consent, you will always have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note your withdrawal of consent does not impact the lawfulness of processing prior to such withdrawal, and that we may rely on other legal bases to process that personal data after your withdrawal.
If you wish to exercise any of your data subject rights described above, you can make a request via the Contact Form on the Website, or by contacting us with the details listed in Section 13 below. We will respond to all requests in accordance with applicable laws and within a reasonable timeframe. To protect your privacy, we may also take additional steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, we hope you will continue to work with us to resolve them. However, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with our/your local data protection authority.
9.2 Direct Marketing Communications
9.3 Behavioral Remarketing/Targeted Advertising
You may opt out of targeted ads by disabling advertising and tracking cookies in your browser, or by refusing tracking in your device’s privacy settings. You may consult official support information pages (usually entitled “Privacy” or “Advertising”) to learn how to refuse tracking on a particular browser/device. The following links may also contain useful information.
- For Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en.
- For Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d.
- For Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enhanced-tracking-protection-firefox-desktop.
- For Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-ie/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac.
- For iOS devices: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205223.
- For Android devices: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662856?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en.
10. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
12. ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
12.1 Personal Information Collected and Processed
12.2 Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
12.3 Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
We do not sell personal information. However, we do provide certain personal information, such as those collect with cookies and similar technologies, to Google and advertising partners to enable us to provide you with interest-based advertising. If you prefer not to receive interest-based advertising, please see the opt-out options listed in Section 9.
12.4 Financial Incentives
We do not offer financial incentives for personal information, though we reserve the right to implement any new user referral reward scheme. When we do so, we will take steps to ensure compliance with the applicable law, including the CCPA.
12.5 Your Rights
In addition to the rights listed in Section 9, you enjoy the following rights under the CCPA. You may exercise these rights described by making a request via the Contact Form on the Website, or by contacting us with the details listed in Section 13 below.
- Right to opt-out of the sale of personal information: As mentioned above, we do not and will not sell your personal information.
- Right to opt-out of sharing of personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising.
- Right to non-discrimination for exercising your rights.
13. CONTACT US
CoreTech System Co., Ltd.
For contact details of our global offices in Europe, North America and Asia Pacific, please see here.